Concurrent Session 2: Obesity and Pain in OA
Date/Time: Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 10:45 AM to 12:45 PM
Log in to Add to My Schedule
Why do Obese Patients with OA Have More Pain?
The association between obesity and pain is well established, including its’ bidirectional nature. Osteoarthritis adds a layer of complexity when assessing potential contributors to this relationship, as the effects of obesity from the perspective of local (i.e. joint load) and systemic (i.e. chemical mediators) factors need to be accounted for. Current evidence for how local and systemic levels related to obesity interface with local and central pain mechanisms to inform prognosis and interventions will be explored. In addition, the issue of how obesity is measured and its’ impact on interpretation of the literature, as well as future directions for research will be discussed.
13. PAIN IN WOMEN WITH KNEE AND/OR HIP OSTEOARTHRITIS IS RELATED TO ADIPOSE TISSUE DYSFUNCTION - DATA FROM THE KHOALA COHORT
J. SELLAM1, A-C. RAT2, S. FELLAHI3, J-P. BASTARD3, W. NGUEYON SIME4, H. EA5, X. CHEVALIER3, P. RICHETTE5, J. CAPEAU6, F. GUILLEMIN4, F. BERENBAUM1; 1Sorbonne Univ., AP-HP, Saint-Antoine Hosp., Paris, France, 2Caen Univ. Hosp., Caen, France, 3AP-HP, Henri Mondor Hosp., Créteil, France, 4Lorraine Univ., Inserm CIC 1433, Nancy, France, 5Université de Paris, AP-HP, Lariboisière Hosp., Paris, France, 6Sorbonne Univ., Inserm UMRS_938, Paris, France
14. EVIDENCE OF DIFFERENTIAL METABOTYPES IN SYNOVIAL FIBROBLASTS AND SYNOVIAL FLUID IN OBESE HIP OSTEOARTHRITIS PATIENTS
H. Farah1, S. Young1, E. T. Davies2, C. Mauro1, S. Jones1; 1Univ. of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom, 2Royal Orthopaedic Hosp., Birmingham, United Kingdom
15. OA EFFECT OF WEIGHT CYCLING ON PROGRESSION OF KNEE JOINT DEGENERATIVE DISEASE IN OVERWEIGHT AND OBESE INDIVIDUALS: 4-YEAR MRI DATA FROM THE OSTEOARTHRITIS INITIATIVE
G. B. Joseph1, S. Ramezanpour1, C. E. McCulloch2, M. C. Nevitt2, J. A. Lynch3, N. E. Lane4, V. Pedoia1, S. Majumdar1, T. M. Link1; 1Dept. of Radiology and BioMed. Imaging, Univ. of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2Dept. of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Univ. of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 32Dept. of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Univ. of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 4Dept. of Rheumatology, Univ. of California, Davis, Davis, CA
16. ASSOCIATIONS OF CENTRAL OBESITY WITH EARLIER ONSET OF OSTEOARTHRITIS SYMPTOMS
M. Castano Betancourt, E. Marchi, M. Lipay; Faculdade de Med. de Jundiai, Jundiaí, Brazil
17. PYRUVATE DEHYDROGENASE KINASES AS A NOVEL TARGET TO TREAT OSTEOARTHRITIS TO UNLEASH THE METABOLIC FLOW
A. Damerau1,2, M. Kirchner3, M. Pfeiffenberger1,2, F. Buttgereit1,2, A. Lang1,2, T. Gaber1,2; 1Charité-Univ.smedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany, 2German Rheumatism Res. Ctr., Berlin, Germany, 3Max-Delbrück-Centrum für Molekulare Medizin, Berlin, Germany